My 5: Gary Sutterlin, Breeze Dryer, CEO
Blue Planet Green Living (BPGL) asked ecopreneur Gary Sutterlin two questions we ask all our interviewees. Sutterlin and his wife, Gayle, are the owners of Breeze Dryer, the North American distributors of Hills Hoist and other Hills clothes-drying solutions. Following are Sutterlin’s responses. — Julia Wasson, Publisher
BPGL: What are the five most important things we can do to protect the planet?
In order to protect the planet, we need to begin to live our lives with a focus on our impact on this earth.
- Consumers need to begin to understand where and how goods make their way to the store shelves.
- We need to buy quality over quantity, with a focus on sustainability.
- The items we do buy need to be readily recyclable.
- Teach our children the importance of treading lightly on the planet to ensure it to future generations.
- Finally, people need to understand that every little step they take does make a difference. Change is made not only through large acts, but much can be accomplished by numerous small acts uniting.
2 Minutes with the President
BPGL: If you had two minutes with President Obama, what would you say to him?
My conversation with President Obama would be frank and to the point. I would discuss his energy policy and ask him to do more. We need to change our focus from fossil fuel to renewable energy. We need to seriously invest and stimulate more research in the field of solar and wind.
Follow Breeze Dryer
Facebook: Breeze Dryer
Gary Sutterlin, CEO
Blue Planet Green Living (Home Page)