My 5: Frank McKinney, Humanitarian, Entrepreneur, Author
Blue Planet Green Living (BPGL) asked author, entrepreneur, humanitarian, and builder Frank McKinney two questions we ask all our interviewees. McKinney is the entrepreneurial builder of Acqua Liana, a triple-green certified home for the super rich as well as the founder of Caring House Project Foundation, which builds comfortable homes and villages for the poorest of the poor in Haiti. He is also the author of five books, including The Tap. Following are his responses. — Julia Wasson, Publisher
BPGL: What are the five most important things we can do to save protect the planet?
1) Use facts, not fear, to educate.
2) Listen intently to the younger generation.
3) Know that saving the planet also means saving money.
4) Move the residential greening of America beyond the “national anthem stage” (as opposed to the 1st or 5th inning).
5) Continue to incentivise entrepreneurial minds that have a self-sustaining favor through the rewards of capitalism and free enterprise.
2 Minutes with the President
If you had two minutes with President Obama, what would you say to him?
Business: Re-read the Constitution as if you were reading it for the first time, and never remove free market incentive.
Philanthropy: Never forget Haiti, and allow me to share my practices, applications that worked in Haiti for 7 years prior to our hearts breaking on January 12.
Founder of Caring House Project Foundation
Author of The Tap
Blue Planet Green Living (Home Page)