San Ramon Eco-Festival – “Good, Green Fun for Everyone”
Update 8/23/09: Festival organizer, Robert Jacobs, reports that the San Ramon Eco-Festival has been postponed, with the intention of rescheduling. If you would like more details, please contact Robert at email@example.com. — Publisher
Want to learn how to live an eco-friendly life and have a great time doing it? You can do both by attending the first annual San Ramon, California, Eco-Festival. This family friendly event will be held at Bishop Ranch Civic Center on August 29 and 30, 2009.
The event will be open Saturday, August 29, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday, August 30, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eco-Festivals, sponsor of the event, aims to help people “live simple and cost-effective green lifestyles.”
“Today, average citizens are eager to minimize their impact on our planet,” said Robert Jacobs, Executive Director, Eco-Festivals, Inc. “The San Ramon Eco-Festival will provide a simple blueprint for sustainable living that demonstrates going green can be easy and fun.”
The free program will feature celebrities known for their environmental advocacy. Watch for Living with Ed stars Ed Begley Jr., and his wife, Rachelle Carson-Begley; Red, Hot & Green host, Nicole Facciuto; Outer Spaces host, Susie Coelho; and other HGTV notables.
Robert Craymer — the designer behind the elite, backstage, eco-greenrooms at the Oscars, the Golden Globes, the Young Hollywood Awards, the Sundance Film Festival, the Bravo A-List Awards, and Al Gore’s LiveEarth concerts — will be instrumental in designing the festival.
“The City of San Ramon is excited to welcome this groundbreaking event to help our local and Bay Area residents and business community experience the positive impact of a green lifestyle,” said H. Abram Wilson, Mayor, San Ramon, California. “The San Ramon Eco-Festival will offer attendees the tools to become more environmentally conscious in a fun and inspiring atmosphere.”
The presence of several different zones at the Eco-Festival offer will provide visitors a wide variety of entertainment options related to eco-living. Highlights include the following, according to a press release by Eco-Festival:
- Main Stage: Listen to the sounds of well-known environmentalist rock band U2 through cover band Zoo Station, and additional performances by Bay Area talent.
- Meet the Experts: Learn about different green industries as experts share their knowledge in sessions designed to raise environmental awareness and provide take-home tips.
- Kids Zone: Play sustainable carnival games, ride solar/bio-fuel-powered rides and enjoy performances by the country’s most famous children’s acts, such as nationally acclaimed PBS children’s performer SteveSongs, as well as the Happy Birds (featured on “The Tonight Show”).
- Food Court: Experience the future of organic dining while testing the latest tools for eco-friendly cooking, cleaning, and disposal.
- Vendor Village: Browse the latest sustainable goods and services for the home, garden and office.
- Fashion Show: View chic, stylish fashions showcasing clothing, jewelry and beauty products made from organic materials.
- Auto Zone: Discover the latest innovations in electric cars, hybrids and sustainable car care that don’t sacrifice quality or style.
- Career Zone: Learn how to make sustainability a full-time career at the on-site job fair.
Vendors and other providers who would like to participate in the event or partner with Eco-Festivals, Inc., should contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. For more information please visit www.eco-festivals.org.
Eco-Festivals, Inc. is a non-profit organization seeking 501(c)(3) status that aims to educate everyday people on how to incorporate environmentally-friendly practices into everyday life and live a green lifestyle. Eco-Festival events are designed to engage consumers of all ages through interactive entertainment and exhibitions that make learning how to minimize harm to our environment fun.