My 5: Nancy Chuda, Co-Founder, Healthy Child Healthy World
BPGL: What are the five most important things we can do to save the planet?
- Less consumption. Learn to recycle, reduce, and reuse the things that we have in our homes. Reduce greenhouse gases by selecting energy-efficient appliances and devices and technology.
- Support community outreach by volunteering in your neighborhood to educate parents about Healthy Child Healthy World — and our five-step program. Teach them about the importance of having clean food, water, and air.
- Buy organic. Support local, sustainable farmers and growers, who are eking out a living. Think locally, act locally, grow locally. You can survive in your community and help others to do the same.
- Take heed to the environmental challenges President Obama has placed before us. We can become energized to create “green shoots” for the future. T. Boone Pickens is one great example with wind power. Save energy at home using efficient lighting, insulation, xerescaping, LifeSource water, hepa air filtration, and solar power, and by driving fuel-efficient cars.
- Don’t use pesticides and herbicides, and encourage your neighbors to do the same. Get your school to create an organic vegetable garden and make it part of the elementary curriculum.
Pray for world peace. Walt Disney dedicated his life for “the little people,” when he created, “It’s a small world, after all.”
Nancy Chuda, Co-Founder
Blue Planet Green Living (Home Page)