My 5: Earle Canfield, Founder, ANSWER
BPGL: What are the five most important things we can do to save the planet?
- Total disarmament. Dismantle all war industries and limit armies to simply police forces. This is one of the most wasteful uses of our time, money, and effort.
- Global education about the importance of observing the natural cycles.
- Reforestation and strict laws and zoning to maintain the forests.
- Conversion to renewable and carbon-free energy generation (until nuclear wastes are neither recyclable nor non-war related; e.g., breeder reactors are not acceptable alternatives for the latter reason).
- As a corollary, this can best be achieved on a home-by-home construct: fuel cells and windmills in every yard or on every roof.
- As a second corollary, this includes energy of all forms of transportation.
- Learning mutual respect through our common humanity and “spiritual” connection… That’s the hardest.
Earle Canfield, Founder
Blue Planet Green Living (Home Page)