My 5: Elizabeth Frisch, Culture Technologies
BPGL: What are the five most important things we can do to save the planet?
- Eat less and lose weight. We eat 30-50 percent more calories than we need! That’s a lot of environment used up to produce that food!
- Drive less or more fuel efficiently. Bike, walk, carpool, telecommute, trip chain, plan your trips. Buy an electric bike, if it’s too far.
- Don’t water your lawn. Xeriscape. Have rainwater collection. Native yards are beautiful! Water is the next environmental crisis on the horizon!
- Reduce your utility bill. Save money and the environment!
- Reduce, Re-use, and then Recycle. The biggest impact reduction comes from doing the first two options.
Publicly commit to one of these actions for 1 week, 1 month, even 1 day and just do it! Speaking your commitment and holding yourself accountable is the most powerful muscle to build in the world. Try it and your whole life will transform!
Blue Planet Green Living (Home Page)