My 5: Molly Long, A.W.E. Consulting
BPGL: What are the five most important things we can do to save the planet?
Molly Long, Environmental Auditor and Consultant, A.W.E. Consulting:
- I think the right people doing the right jobs is number one, because it really does take that— the people with the knowledge doing the right thing.
- Believing that each person can make a difference as an individual. Whenever you take a small step, you do make a difference. It may not have worldwide impact, but you are doing something to at least make your own environment better. If everybody did that, we’d all make a big difference.
- Recognizing that moving the problem somewhere else is not a fix. We’ve got to deal with the problem where it is occurring.
- Communicating. We’ve got to have the ability to talk to each other and be open, not just to different understandings, but to different cultures and the different ways people have of approaching things.
- We really have to get out of this disposable mindset.
Blue Planet Green Living (Home Page)