Good Jobs, Green Jobs National Conference, Feb. 4-6, 2009
The Good Jobs, Green Jobs National Conference will take place in Washington, DC, February 4 – 6, 2009 at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel and Omni Shoreham Hotel. The following information is provided in the conference brochure.
“The 2009 Good Jobs, Green Jobs National Conference will bring together 2,000 prominent leaders from the labor movement, business and industry, environmental organizations and community groups, as well as elected officials and decision makers from government, to forge an agenda for transforming our struggling economy through a variety of innovative environmental investments — including energy efficiency, renewable energy and green technologies. This agenda will constitute a powerful ‘new green deal’ — creating jobs, increasing energy independence, reducing global warming and dramatically expanding clean energy and green technology markets.”
“The Conference will:
- Focus the country on the specific combination of policy changes, public investments and funding mechanisms that are necessary to accelerate the growth of the green economy;
- Quantify and illustrate the job-creating potential of global warming solutions and green chemistry;
- Demonstrate the breadth of the coalition that supports the transition to a clean, renewable energy economy; and
- Highlight the potential of the green economy to forge a new social agenda that lifts Americans out of poverty, improves public health and strengthens our middle class.”
THE GREEN JOBS EXPO
Meet with trade groups, corporations, manufacturers, non-profit groups, government groups, and academic institutions. Check out their displays and find out about green jobs and academic programs for today and tomorrow.
THE GREEN JOBS EXPO THEATER
Listen to presentations about green jobs and careers, and green initiatives. Students from high school, college, and vocational schools are welcome.
GREEN JOBS ADVOCACY DAY
Go with your fellow conference participants to Capitol Hill, to “educate lawmakers about the new, green economy.”
The speakers’ roster includes:
- Sherrod Brown, U.S. Senator
- Amy Klobuchar, U.S. Senator
- Kathleen Sebelius, Governor, State of Kansas
- Martin O’Malley, Governor, State of Maryland
- Keith Ellison, U.S. Congressman, 5th District, Minnesota
- Achim Steiner, Executive Director, UNEP
- Cathy Zoi, CEO, Alliance for Climate Protection
- James P. Hoffa, General President, Teamsters Union
- Denise Bode, CEO, American Wind Energy Association (AWEA)
- Van Jones, Founding President, Green for All
- And more!
$125 per person
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Conference attendees may register online. Some sessions are already filled, so hurry!
Blue Planet Green Living (Home Page)