My 5: Mike Frisch, 1 House at a Time
Blue Planet Green Living asked social activist Mike Frisch, “What are the five most important things we can do to save the planet?”
These are in no particular order:
- Reduce your own footprint. That’s where you should start.
- Volunteer [with an organization] or start your own volunteer effort.
- Consider a career in which you can make a difference in the environment.
- Advocate. Get involved in communicating with the policy makers. Make yourself heard. Talk to your congressperson, to your local representatives, all the way up to the president, through voting and communications.
- Be deliberate and intentional in your life. Share your vision with others. Share with your parents, siblings, and friends. You want your life to converge on what’s most important to you. For example, I love to fish, make a difference in the environment, and cook. So I created a fish cook-off fundraiser that benefits Rays of Hope. I took what I love: the environment, cooking, fishing, and social justice, and combined them all.
Founder, 1 House at a Time
Blue Planet Green Living (Home Page)