My 5: Effie Brunson, Rays of Hope
Blue Planet Green Living asked social activist Effie Brunson, “What are the five most important things we can do to save the planet?” Following is her response.
I’ll give these in reverse order, with the least important first:
5. Plan your trips; drive less.
4. Buy intelligently; be an informed consumer.
3. Start an initiative where you work. Start a recycling program if you don’t already have one, organize a work day once a year to volunteer at a Habitat house, or propose to management the idea of a four-day work week or four 10-hour days instead of five 8-hour days. Start a conversation about efficiency and resource use.
2. Retrofit your home to be more energy efficient.
1. Arm yourself with information and don’t be afraid to speak up.
Development Director and Founder, Rays of Hope
Austin, Texas, USA
Blue Planet Green Living (Home Page)